We’ll be posting screenshots and video’s of the work in progress on this page.

Old to new…

Consolitis.. ;)

If you look closely you'll see that we don't yet really do occlusion culling. But with 1500 fps at 18k blocks it's not really necessary either :P
If you look closely you’ll see that we don’t yet really do occlusion culling. But with 1500 fps at 18k blocks it’s not really necessary either 😛
The octree now works like a charm!
The octree now works like a charm!


OpenGL shader test

MO' LightsLights! still in OpenGL

EditorFirst attempt at shadowing.. in openGL

SlowTesting the tree.. (and look at the FPS.. 🙁 )

Landscaping101Our first landscaping… simple still.

pic2Doing the same thing.. except now in SharpDX.. which imho is a lot nicer to use.

worlds 101Implementing simple trees and more noise generation.

DefaultLightsPlaying with the lights and how they interact with chunk edges.. they didn’t at this point.

nightfallImplementing the sun.. didn’t quite work just right at this stage :]

DeferredImplementing multiple rendertarget views. From left to right it’s color / light / normal / depth. Depth didn’t work and we only found that out last week (5 june 2015).. ouch..

Marching cubes

Marching cubes.. didn’t.. quite.. do what it was supposed to do and the FPS sank to absolutely nothing.

cloudyBack to normal blocks.. cloud shader sort of implemented.. but didn’t quite work properly.

treesFirst attempt at random generated trees.. #fail

treesA lot better in tree generation.. because now we’re using models we made ourselves :}

waterv2Underwater view effect

BlockShadowsCorner shading. Works quite well 🙂

FaultedShadowsMore corner shading.

DayThe effect when the shader passes weren’t correctly setup.. bright red water everywhere.. but we had fog! 🙂

NightInitial lights via deferred shader

shaderissueMy first attempt at reflection and refraction of water…

prettyProper lighting and from this point dynamic day & night cycles


Editor, still simple at this point. However it worked well for the initial stages

ArtifactsFloating point errors when moving away from spawn. Darn.. thankfully it wasn’t hard to fix.

Screenshot 2015-03-10 18.26.23Our console view. Hasn’t changed much except for functionality. It also introduced SquidUI as our UI engine.

Screenshot 2015-04-03 23.59.26Our first entity model. Built in our own editor consisting of 6 parts. Torso, Head, arms and legs. All can animate separately but are bound by their parent.

Screenshot 2015-04-05 17.36.17

Entities… well.. StaticEntities are position-locked entities that can still animate. This was around 1000+ entities drawing and killing the fps badly due to our quite simplistic setup we had initially with drawing -every- -entity- -seperate- .. bad idea. Currently it’s drawn instanced.. and we can easily show over 5k entities without a severe drop of fps.

Screenshot 2015-04-06 23.58.23

Biome support got added allowing us to currently define N biomes with different color grading and can define which trees can go where. The biome itself is a combination of moistness and temperature.

Screenshot 2015-04-07 21.55.10

More reflection and refraction fiddling. Still not working as intended and we removed it for now. It just didn’t work the way we wanted it to :/

Screenshot 2015-04-12 22.35.53

Testing transparent heavy animated entities. The cube in cube in cube in cube all spin on their own. Very light loss of fps but quite neat :}

Screenshot 2015-06-01 00.04.56

Chat screen, networking implemented to allow other clients to connect and run around. No player movement prediction yet so it’s not quite smooth but it’s getting there.

Screenshot 2015-06-10 21.09.37

The editor in it’s current state. Allowing layers, colors of any kind, rotation/mirroring, copy/cut & pasting, animation states and handlers. Only thing missing at this point is some extra geometric shapes and scripting.. which is still a todo 😉


Screenshot 2015-07-11 16.07.23


Shadows, Instancing and our new character bar in early version.

Screenshot 2015-07-11 23.06.07

The more up to date character bar featuring a properly side look of the character and the name in a proper location.


Screenshot 2015-07-12 17.20.58


The training dummy. Our ‘2nd’ model next to trees and such that was/is going to be used for NPC testing and such.

Screenshot 2015-07-14 21.39.20


A screenshot showing the action bar. 9 icons at the moment to offset ‘center’ a tiny bit. Together with the icons it really looks to fit in at the moment even though all 3(!) UI components at this stage have a different color scheme.


— More to be added at a later date —